Featured Golf News
A Few Good Golf Quotes
Thanks to Michigan Golf News (www.michigangolfer.com) for the following witticisms.
1. "Golf is like chasing a quinine pill around a cow pasture." Winston Churchill
2. "You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of them are so rich that neither of their husbands work." Lee Trevino
3. "These greens are so fast I have to hold my putter over the ball and hit it with the shadow." Sam Snead
4. Tommy Bolt, about the tempers of modern players: "They throw their clubs backwards and sideways, and that's wrong. You should always throw a club ahead of you so that you don't have to walk any extra distance to get it."
5. "Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five." John Updike
6. "Silk Stockings" TV Show: "The people who gave us golf and called it a game are the same people who gave us bag pipes and called it music."
7. "I would like to deny all allegations by Bob Hope that during my last game of golf, I hit an eagle, a birdie, an elk and a moose." Gerald Ford
8. "Talking to a golf ball won't do you any good. Unless you do it while your opponent is teeing off." Bruce Lansky
9. "I'll always remember the day I broke 90. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine." Bruce Lansky
10. "Never bet with anyone you meet on the first tee who has a deep suntan, a 1-iron in his bag and squinty eyes." Dave Marr