Featured Golf News
American Express to Enhance Experience with Interactive Technology at 2010 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach
June 9, 2010. As a partner of the USGA, American Express is providing a variety of onsite programs and premium benefits for Cardmembers and attendees designed to enhance the spectator experience at the 2010 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.
American Express Championship Experience
Located near the main entrance and open to all attendees, this onsite interactive facility provides an opportunity for fans to get involved in the action. An array of historic memorabilia from the USGA collection will be on display, including landmark moments in golf history and the legacy of U.S. Open Championships at Pebble Beach. With highlights that appeal to avid players and general spectators, this yearfs American Express Championship Experience will include:
• American Express CourseLink - Mobile devices must be left at home during Championship play, but fans onsite will still have an opportunity to share their experience at the U.S. Open with friends and family through their social media networks. CourseLink kiosks enable visitors to join the conversation and share their experiences using Twitter and #AmexGolf to tag their tweets, snap a photo and share personalized messages with their preferred social networks, such as Facebook and Foursquare.
• Interactive Media Wall - Those convening in the Championship Experience tent will be able to interact with American Expressf innovative 35-foot multimedia wall and spectator experience highlighting a Live Leaderboard, USOpen.com feeds, as well as tweets featuring the #amexgolf hashtag and insights from golf industry experts.
• Complimentary Swing Analysis - With cameras to capture swing and advanced motion technology to analyze form, golf enthusiasts can meet with a PGA Professional to improve their game. Cardmembers are offered personalized 10-minute golf lessons by appointment utilizing this dynamic technology
American Express CourseCast TVs and Radios for Cardmembers
Always a crowd-pleaser, American Express is once-again providing CourseCast TV and radio devices to enhance the viewing experience, bringing golf fans even closer to the game they love.
• American Express CourseCast TV - Cardmembers have exclusive access to hand-held televisions, powered by Kangaroo TV, that deliver a live telecast of the championship and player information from anywhere on the course so theyfre guaranteed not to miss a swing. The TVs are free for Cardmembers to borrow daily June 17-20.
• American Express CourseCast Radio - To stay fully connected to the action, Cardmembers can enjoy free radio devices to listen to the play-by-play commentary and live updates from the ESPN radio broadcast, while they watch the excitement from the grounds.
American Express Cardmember Club
American Express Cardmember Club gives Cardmembers exclusive access to the premium experience on]site at Pebble Beach, featuring a relaxed and air-conditioned environment, outdoor deck with a view of the 15th fairway, flat-screen televisions airing the Championship action, food and beverage for purchase and more.
American Express Captures Best U.S. Open Moments
• Official iPhone Application of the U.S. Open presented by American Express and USGA –With this new application, iPhone users can access an insiderfs guide complete with real-time scores, news, course information and tune into the live action on the grounds.
• USOpen.com presented by American Express – American Express will present the Course Section on USOpen.com, providing an advanced overview of Pebble Beach and featuring a historical look back into U.S. Open championships hosted at the course where fans can watch highlight video clips of the most memorable shots and enjoy a Virtual Pebble Beach gaming experience replicating these unforgettable moments in golf history.
|Print this Story|