Featured Golf News
Chance to Play with Top Senior Pros at Pebble Beach
August 6, 2010. The First Tee is auctioning the rare opportunity for a lucky fan to play alongside Hall of Famers including Tom Watson, Tom Kite, Ben Crenshaw and Nick Price in a Champions Tour event at the Homecare & Hospice First Tee Open at Pebble Beach.
Bidding is open now through August 19 at http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/217800.
This week-long experience on the Monterey Peninsula also includes:
• Lunch with Joe Louis Barrow, Jr. chief executive of The First Tee and son of Joe Louis
• Accommodations at the luxurious Inn at Spanish Bay
• Breakfast and lunch daily in the Players Lounge
• Dinner two nights, including the Pairings Party where the winner will learn which professional they will be paired with during the tournament.
• One practice round and one tournament round at Pebble Beach
• Unlimited practice rounds at the pristine Del Monte Golf Course.
• If their team makes the cut on Sunday, the winner will play for a third time at Pebble Beach.
The Homecare & Hospice First Tee Open is a 54-hole event featuring 78 Champions Tour players paired with 78 juniors, ages 15-18, and 156 amateurs. They will compete on Pebble Beach Golf Links and Del Monte Golf Course over Labor Day Weekend 2010.
Clint Eastwood is the chairman of the event and former President George H. W. Bush and Arnold Palmer will serve as honorary co-chairs. Play will be conducted on both courses Friday and Saturday and on Pebble Beach only Sunday. All three rounds will be broadcast on the Golf Channel.
The First Tee, an initiative of the World Golf Foundation, provides young people of all backgrounds an opportunity to develop life-enhancing values through golf and character education.
|Print this Story|