Featured Golf News
Country Club of Winter Haven (FL) Reopens following Renovation
The Country Club of Winter Haven (CCWH) just outside Orlando has re-opened following an extensive renovation. CCWH recently welcomed back members and guests and held its inaugural Member-Guest Tournament in mid-December.
The club will celebrate its grand reopening on Saturday, January 11, with a member/guest-only event hosted by Rees Jones, the golf course architect who redesigned CCWH, and CCWH co-designer Bill Bergin.
Earlier this summer, Jones and Bergin oversaw the following renovations on the 18-hole golf course:
• All bunkers, tee boxes, fairways and rough areas are either new or modernized.
• Every green has been re-built to USGA standards using Champion Bermuda grass, one of the fastest, most durable and smoothest surfaces.
• Raised green complexes and bunkering provide golfers with better visibility and, thus, strategic thinking off the tee.
• Five holes are completely new and most have been moved or re-shaped, including re-positioning along the mile-long shoreline of Lake Hamilton.
• Irrigation and drainage installation, and bridge restoration
• New cart paths.
CCWH also upgraded the clubhouse and pro's nest. Future plans call for a new, 25,000-square-foot clubhouse as well as tennis, fitness and aquatics facilities. Two formal lawn areas will soon be installed between the clubhouse and lake.
"We're ecstatic to unveil the dramatic before-and-after difference, both on and off the golf course, for the enjoyment of members and guests," says Randy Houseman, club general manager of CCWH. "Welcoming Rees Jones and Bill Bergin is the perfect way to kick off the new era of the Country Club of Winter Haven."
For more information about CCWH, call 863/324-6666, or visit www.ccofwinterhaven.com.
|Print this Story|