Featured Golf News
ECCO Launches BIOM Hybrid Limited-Edition Featuring Custom Green Color
April 3, 2012. Danish brand ECCO - maker of the world's most comfortable, stylish and technically-advanced footwear - announces the launch of BIOM Hybrid Limited Edition (LE), a run of 100 pairs in a white base color with custom green highlights available exclusively at www.eccousa.com and www.golfsmith.com starting the week of April 9.
ECCO 2012 - BIOM Hybrid Limited Edition
Slated to be worn during the 2012 Masters by ECCO Staff Player Fred Couples, BIOM Hybrid LE is the latest extension of the innovative ECCO technology that produced golf's first-ever performance hybrid shoe. It combines patented ECCO Natural Motion features with the company's award-winning Golf Street outsole.
Retailing for $190, the BIOM Hybrid LE pairs the human body's evolutionary system for absorbing impact with a non-cleated shoe bottom that provides superior durability, comfort, traction and stability on or off the golf course.
"Fred Couples started the Golf Street craze at Augusta National in 2010 and that directly resulted in the hybrid trend that currently dominates the footwear market," says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. "He's been among the biggest early supporters of BIOM Hybrid and this year's first major was the perfect place for him to premiere this exciting limited-edition shoe."
Marking the latest pioneering advancement by ECCO, the ultra-lightweight BIOM Hybrid collection encourages players to land more toward the mid-foot than heel and showcases:
• Extremely Low Profile - Brings a golfer's weight closer to the playing surface for unmatched stability, ground feel, traction and swing power
• Advanced Outsole Technology - 100 molded, wear-resistant TPU traction bars create more than 800 traction angles and have been shown to last five times longer than rubber
• Direct Injection - A process unique to ECCO in the golf industry provides superior cushioning, stability and comfort via a one-piece shoe that's built without glue or stitching
• Superior Weather Resistance- Proprietary ECCO Hydromax™ leather treatment keeps a player's feet dry and comfortable in all conditions
• Climate Control - Triple-component ECCO Comfort Fiber System insole guarantees a cool, dry shoe interior
• Tibetan Yak Leather - Naturally soft, durable, smooth and breathable uppers made from Tibetan Yak leather that is three times stronger than ordinary leathers
In addition to Couples, the ECCO men's golf collection is worn in competition by scores of international Tour stars, including Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjorn, Stuart Appleby, Thongchai Jaidee, Thorbjørn Olesen, Andreas Hartø and many others.
The only major shoe manufacturer to own and manage every step of the shoemaking process - from leather production through its own shoe factories all the way to its stores - ECCO adheres to the design philosophy that "the shoe must follow the foot." This approach allows the company to craft footwear that combines style and comfort with uncompromising quality and innovative technology.
A leading global brand, ECCO was founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy and remains family owned. Headquartered in the Danish towns of Bredebro and Tønder, the ECCO footwear group employs nearly 20,000 people worldwide. Its products can be found in 4,000 branded sales locations in more than 90 countries.
ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: visit www.eccousa.com, 800/886-3226.
|Print this Story|