Featured Golf News
Magnolia Golf Trail Offers Customized Golf Packages Via the Web
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) Division of Tourism has announced that the Magnolia Golf Trail is now offering customized packages for golfers through its website (www.magnoliagolftrail.com).
The Trail has enlisted the services of Mississippi Golf Travel to be the official packager of the Magnolia Golf Trail. All package inquiries are now directed to a 1-800 number and email address managed by Mississippi Golf Travel.
“Our partnership with Mississippi Golf Travel, a full-service travel agency specializing in golf, gives us the capability to comprehensively book golfers’ trips, from rooms to rounds,” says Scott Kelly, co-director of the Magnolia Golf Trail. “Individual golfers and golf groups can now book their golf and lodging anywhere in the state through one website and one phone number through the Magnolia Golf Trail website.”
Already heralded for its value-laden offerings for golfers, this latest program increases the benefits afforded visitors to the Magnolia Golf Trail website and Mississippi.
“Mississippi has rapidly become recognized as home to one of the nation's finest collection of public-access golf courses, as well as offering many after-golf activities, from casino gaming to enjoying our abundant natural resources including beaches and state parks,” says Leland Speed, the Mississippi Development Authority Executive Director. “The Magnolia Golf Trail and website is a collaborative effort to further educate golfers about the exceptional golf and other attractions they can discover here.”
Golfers can tour all 14 Magnolia Golf Trail courses via the website, as well as search for the right place to stay.
The state boasts award-winning golf courses designed by the likes of Tom Fazio, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Hale Irwin, Mark McCumber, Jerry Pate and Bob Cupp. And several high-profile courses, including by Fazio and Palmer, are scheduled to open in 2006.
A free Golf Mississippi Travel Guide and more information is available by calling 866/801-8551 or visiting www.visitmississippi.org.
About Mississippi Golf
Attractions contributing to Mississippi's growing popularity as the preferred golf-and-travel destination include:
· Great year-round weather and direct flights from major carriers;
· Nearly 150 courses that offer all price points and design varieties in five distinct regions;
· New and existing courses designed by top golf course architects that garner national recognition;
· More affordable courses than most other comparable U.S. golf destinations;
· World-famous gourmet cuisine, blues music, and luxurious casino resorts offering star-studded shows;
· Family-themed attractions offering parks, beaches and children’s activities;
· Widespread acclaim from the annual PGA Tour’s Southern Farm Bureau Classic tournament held in the state capital, Jackson;
· History and architecture, including stunning Antebellum Era mansions turned award-winning B&B venues.
|Print this Story|